Wednesday, November 30, 2011

favorite things (to give)



the nester is doing a fun linky party this week of favorite things.  i've loved reading all the posts and ooh'ing and aah'ing at what everyone's listed.  i thought i'd join in and list a few of my favorite gift items to give, all just happen to be under $15.

$8-$10 a fun and easy gift to give for either a friend or a party host is to buy one of these adorable glass canisters from wal-mart ($7.50) and then fill it with some cookies or dog treats or powdered laundry detergent or my favorite way to give it is with some sugar inside and a fun vintage teacup to use as a scoop.  really cute, but also really functional for the rest of the year.  who doesn't love a useful year round gift?

$11 this is an amazing 365 days devotional that was gifted to me and it has been such a blessing and encouragement i thought this year it might be fun to pass it on.  it's "streams in the desert" by l.b. cowman.  i even need to make sure the hubs gets a copy too.



$14 we love games, especially around this time of the year, so i love giving another family a fun board game.  this is one of our all time favorites...rummikub.  buy one for yourself too, it's a blast!

$11-$15 for the dr. pepper or other caffeine addict in your life...i love the tervis tumblers.  these are bananas...and the best part they're dishwasher safe.  which is a huge bonus for people like me who have a tendency to toss stuff that's not supposed to be in the dishwasher in the dishwasher.

$6 and last we love Christmas movies so i think it's fun for another host gift or family gift to give them your favorite Christmas DVD.  we love both "home alone" and of course "christmas vacation".




thanks so much for stopping by...and happy gift giving!! :-)


6 comments:

Nicki said...

Love these ideas! I like that there are other people who don't play by the dishwasher rules. :)

Amy Bennett said...

I love that idea of the jar filled with something...Christmas cookies perhaps :)

C.G. Koens said...

Love that glass jar for only $7.50 - what a deal! Merry Christmas!

Payton said...

Those are great! Thanks for sharing your ideas. Now to get my mom to take me shopping! Hehee!
Love,
Payton

Melanie said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE those glass canisters!!! I'm adding these to my wish list too! :)

So nice to 'meet' you today! I blog at "Only A Breath" and would love for you to stop by and visit :)

Hugs!
Melanie

Susan Bryant said...

Love the ornaments! I am so into animal print......did you make your Christmas tree skirt? I found one at Hobby but it was way too expensive//////