Wednesday, December 7, 2011

decking the halls

it's been really cold here in texas.

i don't think it'd be so bad if the fact that the day before it hits miserably cold weather, we have 70 degree weather.

it messes with you and your wardrobe selections.

despite the chilly weather, i was anxious to get some outdoor lights put up, not on the house, i just do the plants in front with a few topiaries.  i love just love outdoor Christmas lights!  i did this on my own for two reasons, i'm a bit ocd about just the right amount of lights here and there and boy was working like crazy last week so i tackled them myself (which i don't think he minded missing out on this debacle).  i got them spaced just right and decided to call it quits.  but later i thought maybe i should go all "clark griswold" and add just a few more strands to add some zest.

note to self forget the zest.

the next day my sinuses are killing me and i feel a cold a comin', but one must persist on for Christmas cheer, so i head out to buy a few more boxes during some errands and then put them on.  they work for all of an hour then go out.  next day boy fixes them, pretty lights for a few hours then out again.

by now i've got a full blown cold and lights that don't light.

these bulbs are going to shine this Christmas even if it kills me.


so while staring out at my light-less lights and sneezing away...i tackled the interior decorations.  i had ordered landry his very own stocking to match all ours, so i was thrilled that came early. 



and then i really wanted to incorporate some of the leopard print from the stockings onto the tree (kind of going for a ballard leopard theme here).  i looked everywhere for leopard print ornaments, but couldn't find any so i made some with wrapping paper.  i love how they turned out, even if my house still has the faint smell of modge podge leangering in the air.

i'm so excited the house is decorated because i love having all the lights off and just the glow from the tree next to a few pugs that use it as a personal tanning bed.  it's my absolute favorite!



8 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Hope your cold is better...

I've had a hassle & a half trying to get my stuff up & running too..

Love the pug face... as always

Carolyn said...

That ornament is so cute! I can't believe you made it! Good work! :)

The Bonjour Four said...

Awww hope you feel better! I absolutely love your leopard ornament!! So cute!

Madison's Mommy said...

Hope you are feeling better...I can't believe how cold it got here in Dallas...it was just so sudden!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the ornaments that you made...I might have to copy that idea but with polka dots!

XOXO

Payton said...

My mom's been fighting getting a cold for a week now. All the dust of getting out the Christmas decorations. Enjoy this time of year!
Love,
Payton

Lia Joy said...

LOVE your leopard print oranments!! They turned out great! Definitely looks like something you bought at a boutique! I'm impressed :) Did you put glitter on them?

Maggie said...

Boo on having a cold! No bueno :( I hope you feel better and that sweet pug face is helping you!

luckybunny said...

Love the ornaments! And of course the Pug face, the best thing in the world :) I'm in Canada and I can't believe how cool it's been in Texas, it's been warm here still! It's not supposed to happen like that! Merry Christmas!