Tuesday, December 11, 2007

And after the arrival of baby Jesus everyone enjoyed Pulled Pork sandwiches

You can stop searchig in your Bibles for the part about the pulled pork sandwiches. It really did not happen. I bet they would have enjoyed it though. Sitting in a manager chowing down on some of my infamous pulled pork sandwiches...yes ma'am.

Well today I woke up at 4:30 am. AM! Dumped 4 lbs of pork and some ingredients in the slow cooker and then went back to bed. I felt really domestic for a few minutes, but told boy not to get used to it.

We awoke a few hours later to wonderful barbeque smells. Yum!

The plan was head out of the house at 5:30 to see our sweet cousins play in their churches outdoor Christmas play then come home to some awesome pulled pork. It's like a journey thru Bethlehem and we wanted to show our support by standing in the cold taking pictures and snickering at them. We are so supportive.

So we pull in. CANCELED. What?!?! I wasn't so much disappointed at the fact that we wouldn't have to stand in the cold, but that I got dressed and straightened my hair. When you work from home things like that don't happen every day.

I like to think I got fancied up to eat my pulled pork.

And to show you how our Christmas decorating is coming along. Please check out my mantle.


No your eyes are fine. We are singing "Jo to the World" this year minus a stocking for boy. Maybe I'll get to sewing it this week.

Or as boy likes to change it up...we are celebrating "OJ"

I really can spell...every store it just out of "y".

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I went to Hobby Lobby twice to get big gold letters to spell out jOY and you are right - no Y's. WHat's the deal? I like the green letters.

Erin Ward said...

Nothin like some good OJ at christmas time.

Anonymous said...

I made pulled turkey in the crockpot recently because my hubs hates pork... it was really good. Your mantle looks beautiful even without the Y:)

Tam said...

Straightened hair for nothing? That is horrible! Trust me, I know the time it takes for that!

My middle name is Jo... so thanks!