Saturday, August 11, 2007

This one's for the Fabry Family

Suzi's sweet blog asked for some new receipes and although I am no Paula Deen in the kitchen I do enjoy good meals for just the 2 of us or entertaining family and friends. This is one of my new favorite recipes, I've made it numerous times and have received some awesome feedback. The receipe come from the wonderful fooks at Pillsbury. I had asked for Christmas this past year for the Pillsbury little monthly receipe books that you can get at the check out line. I'm very much about fast food that is hearty and delicious...this is perfect for that. Boy and I are no health nuts and especially love recipes that "hide" the veggies...so Suze I hope this is a crowd pleasure for you!

Night Before Taco Bake
From the Winter Entrees Edition


1 lb lean ground beef
2 cups frozen bell pepper and onion stir-fry (16 oz. bag)
1 can (11oz.) Green Giant supper sweet yellow and white corn (Walmart & Tom Thumb carry this)
1 can (4.5 0z) Chopped green chiles (sometimes I use this sometimes I don't. I did not for the pictures).
1 package taco seasoning mix
1 jar (8oz.) taco sauce
3 cups coarsely broken white corn chips
2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend

1. Spray 12 by 8 glass baking dish and sheet of foil with cooking spray.
2. Cook ground beef completely then drain.
3. Stir in frozen stir fry, corn, green chiles and taco seasoning (don't use water). Cook 5 minutes and then add taco sauce. Remove from heat.
4. Spread half of mixture in baking dish.
5. Top with 2 cups of chips and 3/4 cup cheese
6. Spread the rest of the mixture on top.
7. Addd 1 cup chips and 1 cup cheese.
8. Cover and put in refridgerator for 4 hours. (Now I have cooked it without refridgerating and it's fine. Putting it in the fridge just makes it super flavorful. Not a huge difference.
9. Cook at 375 degrees for 20 minutes then sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese.
10. Enjoy


It makes great leftovers too! The recipe serves 8, but we have it for dinner the next night. It is also 370 calories per serving. Not bad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! You are awesome!!
Thank you! I will add it to my list! Can't wait to try it!
Blessings,
Suzi

Profbaugh said...

Oh my mouth is watering just thinking about making this one. Thanks for the recipe!!

~Cheryl