I honestly have read diddly squat in the past few months. It's been sad and I've dearly missed it. The first trimester and mainly I kept picking things up and then reading a few pages only to get bored kept us apart. I'm happy to report I've found a few I couldn't put down and am looking forward to a few of my favorite authors coming out with some new stuff this spring. But I still need inspiration so you must let me know if there's a read we can't miss.
1. Shunning Sarah by Julie Kramer. Really enjoyed this murder mystery read. I read this right around the holidays and then in January there was a Lifetime movie with Neve Campbell...if you saw it and liked it you might give this a try.
2. What to Expect When You're Expecting by Heidi Markoff. The doctors office gave me a copy of this and I kid you not as soon as we got in the car boy goes "couldn't we just watch the movie?" Gotta love him. I just really use this as a reference, but if you can think of any must reads for new moms I'm all ears.
3. Into the Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Haynes. I let Target do a lot of my book picking. They had this as their monthly pick and so I grabbed. I trust you Target. I'm about half way through and love how it's written and the whole story line. Target does no wrong.
4. Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. Boy's grandmother gave us a copy for Christmas and I just love picking this up everyday. I know this is a must on so many lists, but if you haven't gotten a copy it's money well spent.
5. Sparkly Green Earrings by Melanie Shankle. I love Big Mama's blog and have anxiously waited for this book. I believe it comes out today, but I preordered it last month and I just got notice from Amazon that this gem won't be showing up until Tuesday in mailbox. I'll just have to sit by my mailbox with a box of thin mints and anxiously wait for it.