I've kind of been in a reading funk lately, and I think it's because I've told myself I need to read what I have so I don't have to move it when and if we ever move. And then it's like well because I'm making myself read it, I don't really want to read it. Does that make any sense to anyone besides me?
So here's the list:
1. "Between Shades of Gray" by Ruta Sepetys : I mentioned in my last book shopping post that I had just started this read. I sometimes tend to stray away from historical fiction, but this was just an unbelievable read. It's a heartbreaking story, but absolutely worth picking up if you get a chance.
2. "I've Got Your Number" by Sophie Kinsella: I've been saving this for a rainy day. I just love Kinsella's work and every time one of her books come out I usually read it write away, but I ended up saving this for a gloomy mood kind of day where I knew this would cheer me up. And it worked. Just a fun lighthearted read...read it with a british accent and it's even more fun! Totally kidding!
3. "Then Came You" by Jennifer Weiner: Liked, but not loved. Felt it started out really good and then kind of had a hard time keeping my interest the rest of the way through. This was my first read of hers so I'll probably try another of her works...any recommendations?
4. "Empty Promises" by Pete Wilson: I read this a bit ago when it first came out and could not put it down. Brilliant. He always seems to write just what I need to hear. The hubs and I love listening to his podcasts when we get a chance too.
1. "Three Cups of Tea" by Greg Mortensen: I know this was kind of an "it" book a few years ago and I never got around to picking it up. Then at a charity sale I found a copy and picked it up and just started. So far really enjoying his story.
1. "Broken Harbor" by Tana French: I have not read anything from this author before, but have heard awesome things about this book. So, I'm anxious to pick it this one up next.
So how about you? What have you been reading lately? Any good beach reads you've picked up this summer?