Tuesday, July 3, 2012

bed pugs

 Somehow I ended up sharing a pillow with my pug.

Yes, it really is as awkward as it sounds.

I blame boy.

Pug has never wanted anything to do with sleeping on our bed.  He can't handle not having boundaries and personal space and the ability to sit down for JUST FIVE MINUTES.  So, he resides in his sleeping quarters, aka the laundry room, with not one bed but two.  The two bed incident happened when we tried to give an older bed of his to our first foster pug and pug would hear of no such thing.  He took it upon himself to repeatedly drag the old bed out of the foster's kennel and back to his room.  Seeing this was a battle not in my favor I gave up bought a 3rd bed and to this day pug makes sure to have the two beds stacked on top of each other optimizing his comfort.

Kind of like the princess and the pea.  But with a pug.

 not sure what's going on here...looks like a rough night.

When Landry came along we set up the 3rd bed next to our bed and he happily slept their each night.  Until about a two weeks into having him and I go to bed after everyone else to find Landry curled up under the covers on my side of the bed.

And that's when he got a taste of the good life.

He was just so cute about it and would burrow underneath the covers and curl up into a ball that when the time came neither one of us wanted to be the bad guy and make him sleep on the floor.  So that's how I ended up with a pug in my bed even though I swore I up and down that I never would.

He comes in handy in the winter being your own personal heating pad, it's just a bit annoying when he jacks your pillow in the middle of the night.

3 comments:

Samantha {Moody Mama} said...

They are both too cute!

Payton's mom said...

I have to say that the use of capital letters in this post really threw me for a loop! ;-) For being such a diva pug, I'm surprised that pug doesn't want to join landry in bed with you and boy. Payton was a pillow and bed hog. I had only an inch on the edge of a king size bed. How is it that a twenty pound dog can take up so much room?!?
Love,
Christy

Kitty+Coco said...

Oh, I assumed my bed just came with a pug already attached :) Yes, I too have a Pug and a Boston in my bed. Resisting is futile. The heating pad option is very nice.