Y'all we are in the midst of hunting season and in honor of such a season I felt called to compile a list of things I learned while being married to a husband who lives for this time of year. My dad did not hunt, so this was a whole new crazy world to me. But hubs is so proud because I am catching on and we can now sit around discussing how wonderful hunting season is and all our favorite things about hunting.
Oh I kid because he knows if he starts trying to talk hunting too me, then I talk Lifetime to him.
If you have no idea of what I am talking about, then I am a tiny bit envious of you. So, here we go...you know you're married to a hunter when...
1. You can rattle off that dove season begins September 1st, bow season begins October 1st and rifle season is the 1st Saturday in November.
2. You know you'll get laughed at each time you ask "did you catch something" and immediately told "you don't catch things you shoot them".
3. The sight of deer and dove meat no longer make you gag when you open up your freezer.
4. You get opinionated on the style of camo your husband chooses from Cabela's and find yourself saying "this one looks trendier".
5. You ask on a recent trip to Academy why this aisle smells like death and get a response of "oh that's the bottled deer urine" and you don't pass out.
6. You can't walk around your car in the garage because new deer feeders that need to be taken to the ranch and haven't are blocking your way.
7. You look out your backyard and hubs is practicing bow hunting with a target. Our poor neighbors.
8. After 5 years you still refuse to eat the meat because you have a solid rule that you refuse to eat items that have ridden in the back of his truck.
Are you jealous yet?