Sunday, August 22, 2010

in sickness and in health

Thank you all for your sweet well wishes on our anniversary.  I wish to report back that the day entailed a candle light dinner, dancing and a carriage ride (I've been watching the bachelor for too long) instead we laid around all day fighting off sinus infections, passing the box of Kleenex back and forth, watching movies and dining on Boston Market in our pj's.  Marriage at it's finest folks.

A few weeks ago boy had been struggling with what he thought was his allergies and luckily he had his yearly allergist appointment scheduled so he waited till then.  Come to find out he'd had a wicked sinus infection going on for quite some time and is now on his second round of antibiotics.  My response, how do you not know you have a sinus infection?

Then comes along me who kept thinking her allergies are just off the wall this year.  I never really struggle with them, so I thought I'd maybe schedule an appointment to join the Zyrtec gang.  Apparently it is very easy to not know you have a sinus infection.   One look up the nostrils and doc says, you do realize you have a pretty bad sinus infection?  Score.  So I leave with my antibiotics, which apparently decided after 24 hours to wreck havoc on my poor body.  I'll spare the details.  I swear I don't know what it is, but I do not handle antibiotics well.  I put in a call yesterday to beg and plead maybe for some kiddie stuff and see if I can do that.  Anyone have any recommendations?

So that was the day.  As awful as we felt it was still fun to enjoy a day of doing nothing.  We recently got hooked on the series "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" so we laughed at that, then I talked boy into watching the "Babies" documentary which although I thought was interesting scarred my husband for life.   We're a little to used to our bubble world I guess.

Hope y'all had a great weekend!

5 comments:

Mrs. Mama said...

So sad to hear you are sick! Hopefully you start feeling better... sooon!

Lauren said...

Awww, that is the pits being sick, but at least you got to be sick together!! HA!!! Hope you and boy get to feeling better :)

Happiness Is... said...

At least you both had a good couch companion :)

Heather said...

I am behind and just now reading this!!! I hope you are both feeling better and happy belated anniversary!!

Genies said...

Hello! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.
Cara Mengobati Penyakit Ginjal Akut