Thursday, November 12, 2009

the shoes

Wanted: Name of my totally awesome childhood sneakers

Last Seen: Sported with probably an Espirit outfit, crimped hair and an array of slap bracelets dancing to New Kids on the Block

So, this past weekend I watched one of my favorite chick flicks..."Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" {oh how I love this movie} and in between noticing how SJP desperately needed her eyebrows waxed I couldn't help but notice the rad fashion choices. It got me thinking of my own 80's choices that I sported {many regrettable ones I'm sure}. Then I had a flashback to my shoes the keds & jellies and the ones I cannot remember.

And it's driving me crazy.

I even googled it and found nothing.

I'm really embarrassed to tell you I googled that.

So, fellow 80's friends if anyone can help put my fashion mystery to an end you'd be cooler than "Dance TV". They were a slip on canvas sneaker, usually in bright obtrusive colors with a bow on the toe and the awesomeness to them was the ribbons that you could tuck in your shoe or lace up the leg.

11 comments:

Whitney said...

I don't know about sneakers, but I always had me some Sam&Libby dress shoes with a bow on the top. I wasn't the girl for sneakers, usually. Ha!

Unknown said...

i don't either I was think sam and libby's but sneakers not sure now i am wondering!

Carrie

a boy a girl and a pug said...

i should probably clarify...i say sneaker, but mean a rubber sole like a sneaker. i don't think it was sam and libby though.

Kodi said...

Sorry I'm no help- I rocked the keds mainly, but I did have one pair of super awesome LA Gear tennis shoes. Ah those were the days...

Lauren said...

Haha, I had totally forgotten about the Sam & Libby shoes until Whitney brought them up, and can't forget about the good ole' jellies shoes, haha!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Was it Kaepa? Do you remember those? They had a shoe lace half way up and then another at the top?

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

I remember sporting LA Gears -- but I can't remember any ribbons.

Heather said...

I don't know about the shoes, but I loved me some "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!" LOVE. IT.

pugmom said...

Not sure... but maybe this website will help you.

http://www.inthe80s.com/clothes/index.shtml

trinity67 said...

Van's?

sandra said...

I don't know about slip ons but I had LA Gears because I wanted to be just like my cool older cousin. Add the scrunchy socks and the hot pink laces. SO freakin' cool! haha