Thursday, January 15, 2009

a memo to pug


To: Pug
From: Upper Management
Date: 1/15/09
RE: Weather

Dear Pug,

We would like to inform you that we have received your request to no longer be put outside for 15 minute increments to use the "potty" due to the drop in temperature as well as your proposal to instead do your business in the dining room where you claim the climate is more suited to your needs.

I, however, regret to inform you that this request has been declined from the good ole' folks that buy that horrific smelling dog food of yours. Shocking huh? This means that for 45 minutes every day you are going to have to pretend that you are a dog and not royalty. Look, compared to the many other canines in the world you are not doing so bad on the geography thing seeing as how we get two months of winter weather a year where it barely hits below 30. Hey you could've been Canadian? So, our dear sweet bug eyed friend you may want to buck it up for a few more weeks unless you have any more money stashed under your bed in which case we will allow you to purchase us a timeshare in Cabo.

With Love,
Girl

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing out loud because this is both funny and something that my husband and I are constantly doing. We leave notes, voicemails, and threats to call the department of human services to each other from our dog.

The moose would be so proud of pug.

By the way, I was walking across campus today (I work on a college campus) and saw a pug driving around in a car - well riding--you get my drift...and I thought of the boy, girl, and pug!

Love it...keep up with Pug correspondence. Maybe someday I'll post a message from the Moose.

Tales of a Peanut said...

We are having the same problem with your Yorkie-Poo! It's like he's decided that since he doesn't like being outside now that it's cold that he's thinks the rules are gone and he can go inside! Thanks for making me feel less insane since I know someone else is battling the same fight!

Dugout Daisy said...

HAHAHA! Way too cute! Luckily our dog rarely has that problem, but she will just stand there if it is raining, refusing to step off the porch!!!

Great post!

Rachel said...

HILARIOUS!!! I was laughing out loud!! Our pug is the same way so he now does his business on the back porch!!!!!!

fortyb4forty said...

Oh, the cruelty...a poor pug having to go outside. That's how I used to feel, now my pugs are sent out and there's very little sympathy.
I do let them sit by the fireplace when they come in from the cold.
Mine just shiver and look pitiful.

Funny in My Mind said...

My Jack Russell is the same way and my beautiful dining room is also where he goes. On the other hand, the German Shepherd comes to life as the temp drops. Nobody will go out if it's even sprinkling.

Page said...

LOL! I'll bet I know what Pug did with that memo...and I'll also bet that it involved urine. ;)

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Oh awesome -- awesome. I laughed out loud and then because I'm home in Utah I showed my mom and she laughed out loud.

Luckily Dahlia is in San Diego -- but whenever it rains she pouts a bit. She did have an accident once but she did it on the kitchen floor thank heavens.

mandy said...

HAHA!
I want to move to Cabo! I want to move to Cabo!

Molly said...

Holy crap, can I relate to this post. I spit out my coffee I was laughing so hard. It's all about the pugs!