Monday, January 26, 2009

episode four

On tonight's episode of the The Bold and the Bachelor...whoa friends this was almost too much with a soap opera in a soap opera.

I'm going to jump past a good part of the first hour since a majority of it was some of the worst acting I've seen since Saved by the Bell: The College Years and Jason making out. It was a bit much. Let's instead do a list with my favorite scenes.

1. The "wrap party" that turned into a pity party.
2. I'm afraid Shannon did not get the memo before going on the Bachelor that said...Rule #1 "Picking your nose will not get you a rose". There is no napkin exception to that rule either.
3. Hey Lauren the crazy cab called they're here to pick you up. Was anyone else shocked at just how mean she got this episode?
4. If you don't want a rose, be sure you wear a ruffled flapper dress. I noticed Megan, Lauren and Shannon were all sporting this style.
5. Shannon's goodbye interview. I was really shocked at how well she left. She showed a lot of class, but then she said something about her electric toothbrush and I thought I know this cannot be good and then she completed that sentence with french kissing her dog and I nearly busted my head falling of my sofa laughing so hard. Could be the funniest Bachelor line ever!

And then the ceremony. No shock that he was eliminating 3. Oh, let me back up and chat Nikki leaving. I'll be honest here and say that for a few minutes I thought that Stephanie would be the one leaving. I do hope that if Jason has any doubt that Stephanie is not the one that he will let her go and not keep her from Sophia any longer than she has too. But back to the ceremony, I was not surprised at all with his choices. I feel like Jason is really left with 5 great girls and I cannot wait to see next week's! Looks like something big goes down!

So do spill your thoughts.

18 comments:

Melissa said...

You are completely right. I feel the same way about Stephanie. I don't know if she is right for him or not, but I wish he would decide because I just hate for her to be away from Sophia. Also, Lauren was totally rude and I was glad to see her leave. Shannon dresses so hideously and is a bit of a freak, so I was also glad to see her leave. He has a GREAT group left and I will really be sad for next week's rose cermony.

Lauren said...

I can't keep up with the Bachelor because I have school and we don't have DVR, so this was a good recap :) :) Thanks!!! Hope you had a good day!!! :)

Whitney said...

I love the Saved by the Bell reference. Nothing gets worse than the acting on California Dreaming though! Ha!
I'm right with you on everything. I have to say that I was disappointed that there wasn't weeping and gnashing of teeth by Shannon! I had been looking forward to a good exit the week she got cut!

Scrapper Mom said...

Girl, you did an excellent job on this post. You had me laughing all over again!! Wasn't that french kissing her puppy line CRAZY???? I could not believe my ears. hahaha...

Erin Ward said...

Oh man. I swear it just gets more painful to watch each week. I was literally wincing at some moments.

Lee said...

I kind of skimmed the post.
Swear to god it's not because of you. When it's about you I read the post all the way through.
I just hate the bachelor.
Ooooo rose ceremony. Shocker.

Aubs said...

Great re cap!!! Love it...such a good laugh this morning! Agree with all of it and so glad that he is down to the 5 that he is...should be fun from here on out!! ps...Shannon is a quack...wow!

Amber said...

I'm so glad the crazies are gone!! The last five are all great and the rose ceremonies from here on out are going to be tough to watch....I like all the girls!

As someone else said, I'm surprised Shannon took it as well as she did. I figured she'd be begging Jason not to do this to her. I liked Lauren in the beginning, but last night she was a ridiculous!

And when is DeAna coming back? I'm not happy that she is, but I'm anxious to see what happens!

Heather said...

I cannot wait to see how this ends! I still think it is Melissa but who knows. And where does DeAnna come in? I would have thought she would have shown up before now! And Stephanie is just a doll!

And oh my with the french kissing the dog! WHY would you say that on TV? WHY would you do that? Bless her heart~

In This Wonderful Life said...

I think Nikki is SO pretty..but she needs to talk to a doctor. She can't love someone until she loves herself. Shannon has stalker tendencies. Lauren is stuck on herself..one episode she kept talking about someone's hair and how she wouldn't allow her hair to look like that on a date. I like Melissa. I can't stand waiting for DeAnna!! It makes me nervous!!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

if i didn't know shannon was crazy, i would have freaked out at the electric toothbrush/fresh-kissing dog comment--what a loon!

i'm glad megan is gone, and lauren, too.

i'm a fan of melissa and molly!

The Nashville Nosher said...

Oh my goodness! This may have been the most hilarious Bachelor ever. My roommate and I were dying!! First, I totally think Stephanie looks like she escaped from the looney bin..she gave a few too many strange looks. I agree with thinking that Stephanie was going to be the one to go..oh those sneaky editors! I am pretty happy with the final 5...just can't wait to get it down to the final 2!!!

Shannon said...

I agree with everything. I really like Stephanie. :) Shannon was crazy!!!!! And Lauren was so mean! I was shocked. I kept wondering if she was a little tipsy!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Natalie | Make Today Great said...

I totally called it -- last week when they were previewing and saying the MOST dramatic rose ceremony ever -- I was like, yeah, he's totally going to do what Deanna did -- and get rid of them all. Sure, she did it on a carriage, but... same thing.

I'm glad they are all gone -- I can keep track of all the girls now!!

and the kissing was baaaaaad!!

Funny in My Mind said...

I had not read your recap yet when I wrote mine, it was almost the same. It is so bad it is good!

Megan said...

Hahahahaha Ohhhh Shannon...she is PSYCHO!!! I SO wanted her to be gone. And the blonde chick that left. Can't remember her name. Jeez! So rude and *demanding*. She obviously didn't get the memo that *telling* someone to do something isn't going to get you very far. I liked Megan (and not just cuz of her name ;0P ). But this episode was a bit much. I'm glad he let those three go.

Stephanie is sweet, but she looks SO much older than him. I just don't think they'd really mesh well being married. I think I like the other girls that are left.

Can't wait till Monday!!

Anonymous said...

*agreed*...i want something i can play in (snow), not something will inevitably bust my rear walking on... have a great weekend! i can't wait until Monday and "the most dramatic rose ceremony ever"...maybe we'll see Deanna?