Friday, July 4, 2008

Sparklers

Growing up outside of Texas the 4th always meant a great day of setting off those things that let out colored smoke, black jacks, and poppers. Notice my extreme knowledge in firework terminology.

One firework I always made a point to stay away from was the sparklers. They are beautiful to watch at night, but horribly scary to hold. I was the kid running around crying with one in hand praying the colorful stick of fire would not torch my cute little Espirit outfit. To this day that does not look at all fun...the poppers were as daring as I'd get.

I hope you all have a wonderful 4th celebrating our amazing country and what a blessing it is to call it home...just be careful with those sparklers.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I love sparklers! Down in South America they have these great sparklers that are a foot long and as big around as your pinky!

Scrapper Mom said...

Sparklers are a blast, they just don't last long enough!

tondays said...

I too am a little afraid of sparklers, but will hold one every now and then, but I don't move and twirl it around like everyone else; I become a statue until it burns out!