Friday, June 6, 2008

The Corsage

My word! I'm flopping in the blogging department. Boy has been on vacation this week, so the days seem to be flying by without blogging time. So much to catch you up on!

This weekend I'm hosting a baby shower. I've been super excited and feeling totally prepared and then last night it hit that I'm in complete denial and am no where near prepared when I started pulling out recipes and cleaning bathrooms. I sat down wrote a huge list out organizing everything I needed at La Super Target, so when I was out on my errands I could knock it all out in one stop. That will solve it all.

Well, it will only solve it all if you remember to bring the list with you when you go shopping. I realized I was listless as I walked through the Target doors. I pulled myself together and decided I'll just go down each aisle and hope that my memory would help me out.

And that brings me to my next point. If you decide to do that make sure you did not skip breakfast and lunch because 2 hours and 35 minutes in Target un-feed well make you extremely weak and fussy.

But I made it out alive with food for the shower, a baby gift, an outfit to wear, 1 weeks worth of groceries and a noteworthy idea to substitute a "mommy-to-be" sash.

So, I got this great idea with this cute bow that I would attach something baby like to it for the mommy to wear. I started with socks and then thought no that's lame, how about a paci. I bought a package of pacifiers to match the decor, got home started assembling it and realized how it would look when the corsage was placed on the guest of honor.

Oh yeah so didn't think this through...I hope your getting this by the way.

And about that time boy walked through the room stopped and burst into laughter going "Are you serious...my grandma's going to be at this shower!"

I think this mom to be may just have to go sash less to keep this shower G rated.

4 comments:

Heather said...

OH let her wear it! It's the fun of it. you only get to do this kind of thing once (normally). we had a shower that was couples and they made my hubby wear a big corsage type thing that said mommy to be on it :) It's fun and it creates memories ... yay for you for putting the effort into it. I would think this mommy to be would be thankful and appreciate the funness (is that a word?) you are providing!

The Gerster Family said...

I agree with Heather! It could be kind of fun...it would help the mommy to be forget about how uncomfortable and big she feels, for just a little while!

Unknown said...

hahahaha! only YOU!

Super Target? we dont have those here. does that mean it has a grocery store? OH MY!!!! if so, i want one NOW!

The Roaming Southerner said...

Oh I want to see this crazy corsage!!!

My imagination is not doing it justice!