Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The cutest oyster farmer I ever did see

Okay, so each season of the Bachelor I say I'm not going to watch it this year. It just really takes it all out of me to go through the whole season and then 24 hours after the finale find out in People that the lovebirds have broken up. I haven't watched in a while, but I've made a little exception this time for The Bachelorette because I've terribly missed the sound of Chris Harrison's voice and think DeAnna is just the cutest southern belle.

So in all it's cheesy reality show glory I have to say I am loving this season. So let's chat it up.
1. Did anyone else tear up a bit when they first talked about Jason, the single dad. His son is just adorable and Jason has a gorgeous smile, but I really sense that he is a genuinely great guy. He said in his interview at the beginning that he was going to be totally honest from the start and let DeAnna that he was a single father. He didn't though. I don't think it was the right time, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she doesn't get upset with that and send him packing.
2. Luke the oyster farmer. Okay, as nerdy as he was wasn't he just as sweet as buttermilk pie? I doubt that they had that much in common, but his heart seemed so genuine that I was rooting for him to stay just one more episode. Oh my stars it broke my heart he did not get a rose and hearing him talk about it at the end.
3. I also liked Jeremy and Chris. I thought they both seemed like real class acts and also they are from Texas so bonus points for that.
4. And last but not least, Richard. The science teacher...I love it. I'll be really shocked if she does not hang on to him for awhile. I seem to really find the shy and quiet ones to be my favorites because let's be honest most of the others were so loud and cocky it was embarrassing to watch, take Greg and his howling at the end.

Oh, and for any of you pregnant ladies out there looking for boy's names I think that Spero and Twilley would be excellent choices.

2 comments:

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Yeah for someone else that watches lame reality TV -- guilty pleasures!!

I really think the friend (don't remember her name) should have told her what a perv some of the guys were -- instead of just giving her the top three, she should have given her the bottom three too!!

And I loved the oyster farmer -- hello that necklace was beautiful!! He obviously has good taste and he was sweet in a nerdy way.

The previews look great. I'm excited.

Erin Ward said...

I've only watched one season of The Bachelor. But I'm glad to find out that I'm not the only sucker for reality shows... LOVE them.