Thursday, April 10, 2008

Fashion Fiesta

medium button


Oh sweet blogging friends it's a glorious day because it's Big Mama's Fashion Fiesta. Y'all know I love to chat fashion and I'm super excited to share two of my favorite closet must-haves. Now it is a fiesta as well so I feel we can only do this properly with food, so grab some guacamole and chips and have a seat.

1. I'll start with my favorite. Have I mentioned to y'all that I'm 5'9"? For years I have searched Banana Republic, Gap, Old Navy, you name it for a tee long enough so that I would not have to spend my days pulling down it down for fear that skin would be showing. And to top it off I live in the great state of Texas where layering is really out of the question for fear that one may pass out from heat stroke. Oh it drove me crazy. But just a few weeks ago I happened to be surfing through the Internet when I found the Hip-T. Oh friends, let me tell you that I'm pretty sure the heavens did sing when I came across this site. This product is just pure genius I tell you. I ordered the black lace one and wear it consistently because it totally does the job. No one can even tell, except for when I tell them and then they scream at the awesomeness of it. I'm no longer pulling down my tee and I love the layered look it gives. For $19.95 stock up; it is worth every penny. Your closet will thank you.




2. I have a slight shoe fetish (oops on my previous late night spelling). Okay, a big one. I love shoes, especially flip-flops. You just can't go wrong with flip-flops. I had ordered a pair of slacks from Kohl's for boy and when they arrived they were 5 sizes off so I just jumped in the car and headed to Kohl's to return them. I took a quick detour through the shoes in the purse section and look at these babies.

How cute could these be! And guess what. They are $10. $10!! This purchase deserved a skip out of the store. The other day a lady came up to me and was like "I love your shoes, you got those at Nordstrom's right?" She about passed out when I told her they were $10 at Kohl's. A shoe bargain has that powerful effect.

33 comments:

groovyoldlady said...

I'm a short gal with a long torso. I've never seen that shirt "extension" before. It is TOO GROOVY!

I will buying a couple ASAP for me AND for my growing girlies!

Anonymous said...

I'm 5'9" too! The shirt jerk is my most compulsive move. And I prefer standing to sitting, because as soon as you sit...well I hope you have nice undies on. I'm bookmarking this "extension". Thanks!

(you also may want to adjust your shoe fetus to a shoe fetish. it gave me a little giggle.)

Kristen said...

That's why I like Old Navy and Gap. I'm 5'2 but they fit all women!

Jan Ross said...

1. OMG, you are fabulous! I am 5'7" and have the same issue. I have a little striped T on right now that is too short. I'm going to order some of those immediately!!

2. The shoe fetus had me laughing too.

Heather said...

I will have to get the shirt extension! That is simply beautiful!

Big Mama said...

The hip T is ingenious and love the shoes!

Thanks for playing!

Musings of a Housewife said...

Now that Hip T is stinking brilliant. Why can't I come up with something that clever? Thanks for the tip!

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

Must put kids in car and get to Kohls NOW.

Great tips!

Anonymous said...

I am so luvin that HIP T thing! That is SOOO smart!

Superchikk said...

I had something similar to the hip T when I was pregnant - called a Bella Band. It allows you to continue to wear your pre-pregnancy clothes a bit longer (leaving the pants unbuttoned and unzipped, sometimes).

I was showing it to my cousin one day, who is a nurse and does lots of stretching, bending and stooping. She told me she'd started using a tube top from Wal-Mart in the same manner to keep her undies and belly from showing when her shirt rode a bit high.

Kelly said...

Hip T's - that's a great idea!!!

Erin Ward said...

Wow! I am most definitely screaming at the awesomeness.

mama2drama said...

Since we share a shoe fetish you'll have to skip over to my fiesta! I wish I needed that hip T cuz that is ingenious!

Nicole said...

I am DOWN with the hip tee. Do they have any Spanx-like properties give the illusion of slimness? I'd probably pay $24.95 for that version:)

jen said...

Oh, I'm a 5'8" with a long torso who is falling at your feet with thanks for the Hip-T suggestion!!! :)

Marie said...

WOW. I understand so much more about the fashion universe now. Thank you!

Keetha Broyles said...

I teach in a small private school - - - and even though we have a dress code, I have seen enough B. Crack to last me the REST OF MY LIFE - - - I'd like to BUY one of those Hip-T's for EVERY female student and HALF the female teachers too!!!!

GREAT IDEA.

Keri said...

I am pregnant and have heard of the Bella Band, which like Superchikk said is very similar. I've never heard of the Hip T and I agree that is an awesome invention!! I just might have to check those out, being 5'7", your dilema is one I share.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I envy your height. I am 5'4" on a good day...I hope you will come and see my fiesta!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

This extension thing is the first actual thing I've learned on the Fiesta route. Thanks!

fAiThFuL cHiCk said...

Oh my word....have to get a Hip-T!

Thanks for passing on the fashion knowledge.

Hipmomofboyz said...

I just came across your really cute blog. It sounds like we might live in the same city S.A. because you mentioned fiesta. I too have a shoe obsession. Check out my blog.....

Leigh Ann said...

I'm 5'11" so I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the Hip T tip!

ohAmanda said...

I have one of those "extensions" but it's for my preggo belly!

And isn't it the best when you tell someone about a good deal? It's like a bonding experience! ;)

Jill said...

I'm 5'9" as well and the shirt tugging is so annoying. I've resorted to wearing men's Ts around the house (didn't blog about that!) because they are longer but I'll definitely check out the hip-T. Thanks for the tip. Cute shoes, too!

Tam said...

it deserved a skip out of the store?!

HA! I'd love to see that!

I'm just 5'8" and I have the same problem with my tee's. The Hip-T would strike it even bigger if they made it to suck in your tummy!

OH YAH!!!

SimplyAmusingDesigns.com said...

I am SO getting some of those. I'm 5'11-1/2"!! Things that fit "normal" people are like crop tops on me. yea! Thanks for the lovely post. :)

Lauren said...

What a great idea?! One of those things where I ask myself... "Why didn't I invent that?!?!"

Unknown said...

sad that someone had to come up with that shirt extention. Why don't they just make shirts properly these days?!

I have to say that was a brilliant invention though. And the person who uses a tube top?

Freakin' Brilliant!!!

Krista said...

I love this idea! I'm 5'8" and have a long torso so I'm always worrying about having to yank my shirts down, especially when pulling files out of the cabinets at work.

These sound perfect! One question, though: do you have any trouble keeping them up? Do they start to slip down after awhile of wearing them?

Anonymous said...

hip-t rocks-- i have one and it works like a champ... why didn't I think of that!!!!!

Unknown said...

What a great idea!

The Roaming Southerner said...

OMG OMG OMG...I am 5'9" too and I hate this problem, esp. at work!
You are a lifesaver and I will forever love you (ala. Whitney Houston).