Friday, April 26, 2013

sympathy pounds

Well my pugs are obese according to the vet.

Pug's like "what I thought that roll of toliet paper was fat free?"

Frankly, I like my pugs with a little chunk to them, but I do want them to be healthy, so we're going to have to work on limiting the treats they force us to give them with their pitiful faces.


This past week our new town opened up their first dog park and so with a beautiful day we dragged the pugs from their napping spots on the sofa for some fun and forced socialization.

Let's just say the pugs were not so impressed.  Now I will give them credit, there were no other dogs in the park so it was rather boring, but what dog doesn't love hills and loads of roam to run around.  Pug basically hung out by the entrance and exit gate hoping for an escape and Landry gets the nervous runs when he's in a social situation.  So, I think boy got more exercise than any of them running around cleaning up after Landry.  After about 30 minutes we did get a playmate, but pug was way more impressed with the owner's bag she was carrying and the possibility of treats being inside.

So we left.


Sadly, it would probably take adding a sofa and a concession stand to the park impress this high maintenance duo.


3 comments:

Erin Ward said...

Ha! Pugs are totally not fit for dog parks. There's not much sleeping to be done there.

Payton's mom said...

So funny! And for what it's worth, I don't think the pugs are overweight.
Love,
Christy

Rebecca Jo said...

Hey, nothing wrong with spoiled diva pugs... :)
(says my spoiled Australian Shepherd & Yellow Lab)