Friday, September 17, 2010

the princess and the pug

I've been slacking on the blog front this week.  You can blame it on this girl (my cousin) who sent me a copy of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and the advice of stay with it till page 50.   Well I took that advice and now I can't stop reading when I have a free moment.  So good!

My parents got a rescue kitten, Gracie, this week and she is a love!  Just look at the those big ears and she's already got the princess/diva act down. 


And with the arrival of Gracie we have discovered that pug is a scaredy cat himself.   We were a little fearful that pug may play too rough with her so we eased them in.  Turns out Gracie's the one we have to watch out for and pug is just terrified of her.  He now insists on keeping his distance from her at all times.  Boy's telling him to man up now.

Here he is tattling to Big Daddy about how mean Gracie is either that or he's begging for food.  Most likely the latter.


We're going to keep working on the Milo and Otis thing, so we'll see how it goes.

8 comments:

Lauren said...

I so need to read that book!!!! Awww, that cat is beautiful… I hope the pug warms up, because he could be losing out on a good friend :)

Anonymous said...

I kid you not, I have the same pug-cat scinario playing out at my house! The roommate got a new kitten and the pug is TERRIFIED of him! It must be a pug scardy cate gene thats in the breed! How funny!

kelley @ the eclectic owl said...

that is seriously adorable! i'm thinking that gracie needs to ride on pugs back...you should work on that trick with them ;)

agent99 said...

Gracie is so adorable! We had 2 cats many years ago when we added a rescue dog to the mix. Chihuahua terrier mix, kinda looked like he was on an acid trip....but those cats kicked his butt into shape! Eventually a detente was reached and all was peaceful. (and now their ashes are side-by-side)
Good Luck!

Heather said...

I am the same way when I get a good book---I cannot stop reading and life ceases to exist!!!

Happiness Is... said...

I have that book and need to start it - have heard nothing but good things1

mk said...

So happy you love the book. I will shoulder all the blame! ;)

Gracie is precious. Pug is such a wuss. xo M

d.a.r. said...

So funny!!! Chief is such a little tattletale, too :)