Tuesday, August 4, 2009

catch phrase

We just got back from a quick little visit out to the lake with the parentals which included some of Big Daddy's infamous ribs and lots of rounds of Catch Phrase.

Have y'all played this before? Please add this to your game collection if you don't. The game does not disappoint. Our family just loves it!

So we divide up mama & me against Big Daddy & boy each time. Mama and I have a winning streak to keep up and are getting good at being pretty creative in the sports & games category when we need too.

me: "Big city in Ohio"
mama: "Cleveland"
me: "Good! You shouldn't wear this color with black"
mama: "Brown...Cleveland Browns!!"

Now I'll hand it to the boys they do very well in all the categories except, their downfall, "Entertainment". Big Daddy hasn't picked up too many issues of US & People in his day, so we know where to stump them and get some laughs.

Big Daddy: "I don't even know how to pronounce this name!"

The answer: Beyonce.

****
boy: "You texted us saying you just saw this person in LA two weeks ago"
Big Daddy: "Who did I see?"
boy: "yeah, she's a singer"
This went on for a bit.

The answer: Christina Aguilera.

And this is how mama and I win at Catch Phrase.

Big Daddy has also been lovingly enrolled in Celebrity Names 101.

10 comments:

~M~ said...

Love that game!

Heather said...

We LOVE Catch Phrase although we have the old school one...I want to ask for the upgrade for Christmas!!

Lauren said...

Oh my, hilarious!! And I LOVE that game!!! :)

Aubs said...

CRACK ME UP!!! We love Catch Phrase...we love to do couples games nights and in washinton we had a running boys/girls feud going with catch phrase! Soooo funny!

Sounds like you had a fabulous time...i love that you are so close to your parents! What a blessing!

Shannon Dew said...

OMG I love Catchphrase! I played it for the first time with my future in laws and we had a blast!!!

Kate said...

So funny! Such a fun game

mk said...

Oh that's so funny! Wish I could have been there to join in the fun.

Do you guys play Apples to Apples? We had a 17 person game with my dad's extended family at Christmas. It was hilarious.

Whitney said...

So funny! My momma and I would win, too!

Rebecca Jo said...

I love that game..

Beyonce... that's hilarious!

I could play it with my friend & she'd say "You know - that thing" & I'd get it...everyone would be like "How did you do that?"...

TheFancyFritter said...

haha! how funny! That game always leads to lots of laughs when we all play it! :)