Thursday, July 16, 2009

a momentous day

Today marks a momentous occasion for me friends.

I ordered toilet paper off the internet. And today it came.


You can applaud if you wish. I did.

I'm envisioning many years from now sitting on my front porch surrounded by my grandchildren sharing with them the first time grandma ordered toilet paper off the internet. And they will ask how did you even get toilet paper before that and I will tell them how I walked the aisles of Wal-Mart many times battling the crowds and rude people just for a pack of Charmin's finest. And they will gasp in horror and wonder how we ever managed.

Okay so maybe not.

I'm not gaining anything from this post just thought I'd share because I was so giddy to see this website on another blog and maybe you'll find this awesome too. It was free shipping and they automatically add the current coupons in so for some of the items I usually buy generic I found it was cheaper buying name brand here. Some items I'll keep buying in the store, but hey to save a few bucks this cheapo is thrilled.

I think I could do a whole other post on how cheap I am.

12 comments:

Kristin said...

Wow! Seriously? I had no idea you could buy tp online!!

Embellished Bayou said...

What website did you buy it from?

Stephanie said...

I LOVE alice.com!

We have gotten 3 shipments from them so far, and I am obsessed. We have saved at least $30.00!

mk said...

Your internet adventures are always amusing. Enjoy your TP!

Unknown said...

I will have to check this out! This is soo funny!
I am ahem, THRIFTY as well. I do not use the "C" word. :)

Kate said...

I love alice.com my shopping cart is full, I love it.

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

I've heard a lot about Alice -- good to know that it works!

And I'm super cheap. But then I splurge on things, so it makes up for it.

Lauren said...

What is the world coming to when you can have toilet paper delivered to your house....A.W.E.S.O.M.E!!!! :)

Rebecca Jo said...

Oh dang... I've got to check this out! Just glanced at the site & my interest is already peeked!

The Nashville Nosher said...

Thanks for sharing!!

Mini said...

I've been secretly stalking, errr, reading, your blog now and i think you may like myy latest post!

Heather said...

Hilarious, as I was reading I was wondering why you ordered that off the internet! Maybe I will check out that site!