Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Sweaty Baby

The other night we went out to dinner with a guy boy works with and his family. They have two adorable children, a two-year old and a newborn. So you better believe that I was squirming in my seat with excitement to hold this little one. Before she even set the car seat down she asked if I wanted to hold her. Yes, Yes, Yes, am I that obvious? Towards the end of dinner, boy wanted to take a turn at holding her. I passed her over and then about 10 minutes later we were clearing out to leave. Boy handed her sweet self back to her mom and I noticed through the transaction that this sweet bundle of joy had a rather large wet spot all through her pants. I glanced back at boy and noticed a rather large wet spot all on his shirt. Well this is funny. They noticed the baby needed a new diaper, but did not see boy's shirt. I didn't want to make the parents feel bad, so I prayed boy would get the hint too and not go "oh man she peed on me".

He said nothing and when we got into the comfort of our own car I said,

"Hey make sure you take your TT'd shirt off when we get home"

"What!?!?"

"Yeah, you have TT on your shirt"

"That's what it is. I thought she was sweating!"

"Sweating? No. I'm not aware of any babies that can sweat that much"

And so boy learned the hard way that diapers leak.

10 comments:

Heather said...

That is hilarious! That would have been my hubbys response before children. however with two boys he's been TT'd on plenty of times. Especially in the beginning! As soon as the diaper is pulled back ... the volcano explodes :)

Page said...

tehehe...at least he never figured it out around the parents! so funny...

Lauren said...

Too funny!!!

Allikaye's Mama said...

Sweat?! That's a classic "boy" thought! Funny!

Erin Ward said...

oh man! Just wait til you guys are new parents. I'm sure lots of funny things like that will be learned.

Tam said...

oh those boys!!!

very funny!

{CuTe CaRd QuEeN} said...

I think my favorite part of this post is that you called it TT! So cute!!

Kristin said...

Wandered over from Kelly's Korner. Very cute blog!

The Gerster Family said...

LOL! This cracks me up...My husband was holding our baby and the same thing happened to him. She went all over him and he might as well have screeched! He started holding her like a football with her little bottom pointed away from his body. It was so funny!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Too funny! Only a boy...!