Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Tree

I felt we needed to discuss the NCAA standings and I should come clean with an update.

I'm losing.

Miserably.

I've mentioned before I hold a 5 year winning streak and I do believe that will end this year and be forever thrown in my face. My knowledge/luck has disappeared. My trusty Jayhawks are holding on strong so that shall make it all better. But I do have a more pressing issue on my mind. Has anyone seen the Stanford Cardinal mascot before?



It's a tree. I was not aware of this and I must say Friday night's game against Texas provided much humor at the sight of this mascot. I've seen cowboys, birds, lions as mascots but never a tree. And not that the thought of a tree isn't already funny, the costume design is a hoot as well.

I should probably go ahead and apologize for laughing if you are a Stanford fan, but know I was cheering you on to win.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

A tree... Hmmm... Interesting?!?! Wouldn't it make sense for the Stanford CARDINALS mascot to be... I don't know... a CARDINAL?! I'm just sayin'. I would have been right there laughin' with ya!

Allikaye's Mama said...

I asked my hubby about the "tree" and he said it was because of the redwood trees - that are the "most powerful of the trees" - his words! So maybe that's why Standford has a tree - although I think it looks more like a pine tree - I would be shaking in my boots if I had to play a tree - scary! :0) How funny!@

Heather said...

I know you were happy with last nights results. I acutally watched the game with my 3 boys. We were hoping for the underdog to win. Congrats to you guys though!