Sunday, March 16, 2008
The randomness of the day
1. So my plan was to try out some Booscotti I saw last week on Rachel Ray for pug. I know ...I know...baking for a dog. We haven't hit the crazy pet owner title yet, but I'd say we are probably a dog bumper sticker away from it. With my bumper sticker phobia I'm betting it's a pretty safe bet to say we won't claim that title.
Anyway back to the treats. Pug loves his treats...it's a glorious word for him to know because it at least gives us some hope of controlling him. I had all the ingredients on hand, except for the carob, so I was just going to eliminate that from the top and try them anyway. I pulled them out of the oven, looked back at the recipe and realized it said baking powder instead of baking soda. DOH! Before I test them out on my little four-legged friend I better google the effects of dogs and baking soda. I'm just too tired to go the the emergency room vet tonight. This is what happens when you attempt to watch Big Brother and bake at the same time.
2. Rock Chalk Jayhawk! What a fantastic win and after 4 days of staring aimlessly at a television watching the Big 12 we forced ourselves step outside and join the real world.
3. I flipped towards the end of the HGTV Dream House giveaway tonight hoping that my house had a camera crew in front and I also needed to see if I needed to reapply my make-up. No such luck. Did anyone happen to catch the winner's expression? I have to say if I was just given a house...on a beach...fully furnished with a brand spankin' new car I'd be screaming like a mad woman.
4. So I got board with the blog header...AGAIN! But now I'm having second thoughts about this one. I kind of think I liked the other better.
5. I'm attempting to cook my first Easter dinner this weekend. Oh my. I can cook, but get rather nervous with large things of meat. Today at the grocery store I thought I'd breeze past the hams. I was sort of looking for one that's straight out the oven, plated works too. They must have been out because I couldn't find one. Any recipe suggestions would be much appreciated or I might be serving Hot Pockets instead. Fancy!
Have a happy Monday!
Posted by a boy a girl and a pug