Sunday, October 21, 2007

Hungry

I wish I could bring you a much cheerier post, but the truth is I'm far from being a happy person. I mentioned a few months ago that I was having some extensive tests done. They found some abnormal levels in my liver and we are working on bringing them down. Part of that work includes a Detox program, where basically I eat nothing but protein, vegetables, a few fruits and nasty supplements to top it off. The goal of this is to rebuild my intestive linings (gross huh). I'm only on day 2 and this is soooo hard. I'd do anything for a piece of bread or cheese. I'm also drinking tons of water (not being able to have juice or milk or sprite). This is rough. I'm weak, grumpy, and can't stop crying.

I'm praying to regain some energy soon. In the meantime, hope you all have a wonderful Sunday and eat a burrito or a piece of pizza for me.

3 comments:

Tam said...

I am so sorry. I can totally relate with you here. Having lupus and an abnormal liver reading this last summer has been a big bummer (rhyme not intended) I will be pray for you sister...trust me on that! Stick with it and stay strong!

Heather said...

Oh girl! I'm praying for you! I pray that God will give you the courage and strength to make it through this time. I'll also pray that he makes you not want bread or cheese that he will make the things you are eating satisfy you and keep you from wanting more!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry! Hang in there! I will say a prayer for you! Keep us posted "k"!
Blessings,
Suzi