Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Lapping Up His Grace

I so needed to be with my Heavenly Father this afternoon. It was truly a perfect afternoon with just me and him in my big comfy chair. I could have stayed there all day basking in His grace.

My heart has been so full of worry and anxiety with desicions that need to be made or don't need to be made and finally after trying to solve them all by myself I gave up and came running to His arms. How amazing is it that we have a God we can do that with? The concept is truly just too much for me to wrap my mind around.

There in my chair I sat curled up with my Bible and a study on Daniel that I "dropped out" of last summer for no real reason other than time. I picked it up and turned right to where I left off...and it was so right where I needed to be. And although Ms. Moore gives instructions just to do 1 a day...I couldn't help it and kept lapping up His word. Time had no meaning, it was just me and God and kept asking for second helpings.

Lord, thank for our day! I praise you so for the grace, mercy and wisdom you bestill upon us each and every day. Lord, I have foolishly tried to control Your will and I pray that you will take the wheel. May we always search for the joy in lapping up your grace!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

I LOVE those days where time isn't a constraint. So glad you got to sit in His lap today.